Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Sound of Taste

For this experiment I did a Chinese or eastern Asian dish that consisted of beef, broccoli, and rice. There was some type of sauce used also in this dish.  I had tasted these things before but not in this way.  If I remember correctly the assignment was taste something new and the taste was new to me.  The food was sweet but also bitter.

To elaborate this in sound I used a mason jar and a knife.  I rub the knife against the mason jar which made same sounds but in different frequencies.  The higher pitches signify the sweetness and lower pitches represents the bitterness.  I tried to record this but with technical difficulties, I am unable to do it.  To fix this I will do it live in class.  I will not bring a knife but I found out that a pen could make the same sound or similar to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment