Monday, January 26, 2015

Egg Experiment


My first experiment is to do something creative with an egg. I had a tough time trying to figure out what to do for my egg project.  I some ideas about breaking and using the pieces of the shell to make an image.  I quickly dismissed that idea because I am not the best with arts and crafts.  I was also afraid that I did not have pieces to do.

Fortunately, I got another idea.  I've decided to draw crack-like marks on the egg.  The thoughts behind the cracks are frustration and fear.   I was a bit overwhelmed when the instructor gave us this assignment, or experiments is what she likes to call them.  At school I usually know what to do right away because my teacher or instructor told me almost exactly what to do.  In this instance, though, I don’t have guidelines except for one.  Which is just to do something creative with the egg.  I don’t have a problem being creative, in fact I enjoy being creative.  But an egg!!!  Weirdest project I ever had so far.


So instead of throwing the egg or smashing it, I decide to draw the cracks.  It symbolizes that I am afraid.  I never done this type of project before and I’m afraid how people would think about it.  The other thing is frustration.  I was frustrated when I first got the egg and I had no idea what to do.  My idea did not come up until a week later.  Anyway, I thought this was an interesting project and look forward to whatever our instructor will throw in our direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment