Monday, April 20, 2015

My Fears

I had a tough time deciding what fear I would like to do so I decided to do all of them because they all impact on my life. So I used all forms of worry, phobia, fear and anxiety.

I notice fear when mainly something unpleasant that happened in my life.  Usually nothing major but the fear does develop over time.  For example, one thing that I am afraid of is failure. In school I did struggle a few times and because of that I have gone to “special” classes or get “special” help within my normal classes. After a while I did not like it because it made me feel like an idiot. So whenever I accomplish something with no help it raises my confidence in myself.  Although, sometimes I can be cocky that hurts me sometimes but I am getting better figuring out when I do really need help.

Most of the time I use fear as a way to motivate myself.  It will make me feel like I accomplished a goal if I overcome that fear.  

I don’t know if fear plays that much into my creativity.  Most of the time I am somewhat care-free whenever I engage in creativity. Probably the some moments when fear plays a part in creativity is when other people judge my work and time.

I used varies fears in this project.  Most of them are deep but there are those that are surface.  Like for example, I am afraid of spiders is a surface fear while failure is a deep fear.

I think that this project shows that my fears have to do with my confidence in myself.  For my project I took index cards and wrote about all little more than a dozen things that I am afraid of or things that have to do with those fears.  Then I will give each classmate a card.  If there more people I will have them write down their own fears because your fears could affect other people.  After that I will have them crumple them up into balls and have them throw them at me.  I am supposed to represent my confidence while the index cards represent, as said before, my fears.  The fear pelts me and hurts my confidence and what I want to accomplish.


No comments:

Post a Comment